Pet Wellness Examinations in Berks County, PA
Quality Vet Care in Wyomissing
The best care for your pet is preventative care, and at Wyomissing Animal Hospital, we provide wellness examinations that will provide us with a comprehensive overview of your pet’s current health. Regardless of your pet’s age and current health, you should always schedule routine exams, as these are a great opportunity for our vets to catch any potential problems before they become more severe. Animals age far faster than their human parents do, so they require more frequent checkups to ensure that they grow old comfortably.
Our Berks County pet wellness veterinarians recommend annual exams for most pets, but for those that are older or experiencing health problems, we recommend bi-annual visits. Even if you believe your pet is in great health, an exam and blood tests will ensure that they remain that way.
Our physical wellness exams include a head-to-tail assessment, including:
- Checking body weight and temperature.
- Looking at the eyes, ears, and nose.
- Checking the lymph nodes.
- Looking in the mouth to assess the health of the teeth and gums.
- Evaluating the heart and lungs.
- Feeling the abdomen to check the internal organs including the kidneys and liver.
- Evaluating the muscles, spine and joints.
After the examination, we carefully document our findings and give you our recommendations for any health problems we find.
Additional Routine Services
Wellness exams are just one part of your pet’s overall health care routine. It’s also important that you make sure they are always up to date on their vaccinations and that they have routine dental exams. Wyomissing Animal Hospital provides all of these services and more so that you can satisfy all your pet needs in one spot. We are an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited facility that provides premium care and is dedicated to your pet’s long-term health and happiness.
We Are Here for You
In addition to our wellness exams and additional services, if you ever have any questions or concerns about something specific or general pet care, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We have over 25 years of experience and are happy to assist pet parents with anything they need. From information about microchipping to nutritional recommendations, we are always here to help.
Wellness Blood Work
We offer a variety of wellness blood work tests for cats and dogs while they’re in their junior and senior stages of life:
Blood Test Components per Each Life Stage
- Junior Wellness Canine: Blood Chemistries, Complete Blood Count (CBC), Heartworm, Lyme Test & Fecal
- Senior Wellness Canine: Blood Chemistries, Complete Blood Count (CBC), Heartworm, Lyme Test & Fecal
- Junior Wellness Feline: Blood Chemistries, Complete Blood Count (CBC), T4, U/A & Fecal
- Senior Wellness Feline: Blood Chemistries, Complete Blood Count (CBC), & Fecal
*Fecal samples are recommended at all age levels
*4DX Heartworm blood test is recommended for dogs of all age levels
(this one sample tests for Heartworm, Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasmosis)
Schedule an appointment with our Berks County veterinarians today. We look forward to seeing you and your pet!
“They knew exactly what she needed, showed her love and kindness and celebrated her success when she got better”- Kim C.
“Thank you Dr. Flannery for taking such good care of our Simon aka Grump”- Danyelle C.
“All the docs and techs we've seen have been great.”- Leslie M.