To our valued clients,
The doctors and team at Wyomissing Animal Hospital will continue to remain open and provide care to our patients during this challenging time. For your safety as well as the safety of our staff, we have implemented new policies to protect the health of our staff and our clients. As recommended by the CDC, we will limit the number of people entering the hospital to maintain social distancing practices.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please check in with the team member located at the station set up outside the front door entrance. After checking in, a team member will escort your pet into the office. After examining your pet, the doctor will give you a call to discuss the treatment plan. After medical treatment is provided, your pet will be returned to you by a team member. For your convenience, we can collect payment at your vehicle.
- If you are coughing or unwell, please have someone else bring your pet to the hospital or call us to discuss another plan if that isn’t an option for you.
- A reminder to bring your cat in a cat carrier and your dog on a leash to allow us to escort your pet inside safely.
- Exceptions may be made to allow you to enter the hospital in some circumstances.
- Please call us to discuss our appointment availability; staff will remain onsite to offer assistance or direction during our regular hospital hours.
We are now scheduling upcoming wellness services:
Although we have had to delay many wellness appointments to adhere to the recommendations of the PA Veterinary Board and the CDC, we are doing our best to now schedule our patients for their wellness services. We have requested that many of you reschedule your well appointments to make room to schedule sick and injured patients and we thank you for your willingness to adjust your appointment. We truly appreciate your understanding.
We are working diligently to schedule creatively to provide more wellness appointments. If your pet is due or overdue for wellness services, please call us to schedule an appointment. Our team will explain the guidelines we are using to schedule future wellness appointments.
Dr. Becker is also now back back in action! Please be aware that many of our doctors have had to make changes to their normally scheduled days and times. We apologize for any inconvenience this or our recent challenges may cause you and your family.
Surgery & Dentals: We will continue to provide our surgical and dental services as scheduled.
Hospitalized Patients: Please talk with us about visitation if your pet is hospitalized. We will determine a plan on a case by case basis.
Medication & Food Refills: Please continue to offer 48 hours’ notice for medication or prescription food refills. When arriving to pick up your pet’s medication or food, check in with the team member at the station outside the front door entrance. Our food orders are placed every Monday at 12pm, so we ask our clients to order their food requests by 12pm for same-week delivery. Any orders placed after 12pm will be ordered for the following Monday.
Other preventative safety measures we are taking: We are frequently wiping down all high touch surfaces and common areas with disinfectants. Team members are washing their hands for at least 20 seconds between each patient and wearing gloves to handle all patients. Although we’d like to, our team won’t be shaking hands with anyone.
For after hour emergencies, we recommend: Berks Animal Emergency & Referral Service, Hope Veterinary Specialists, Metropolitan Veterinary Associates, Veterinary Referral Center, or Valley Central.
Your Wyomissing Animal Hospital Team
“They knew exactly what she needed, showed her love and kindness and celebrated her success when she got better”- Kim C.
“Thank you Dr. Flannery for taking such good care of our Simon aka Grump”- Danyelle C.
“All the docs and techs we've seen have been great.”- Leslie M.